Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Message From the Commodore

Hello and welcome to boaters for the 2009 season. It is with great pleasure that I want to recognize and thank the Long Point Bay Yacht Club for electing me to represent our excellent club for this year! I, as I am sure many of my friends and fellow boaters, eagerly await spring and the opportunity to again take to the waters for recreation, cruising or just relaxation. I have been an avid boater for the past ten years, first as a power boater and now a sailor cruising in Lake Superior and now Lake Erie. I look forward to representing the Long Point Bay Yacht Club as commodore and hope that our club, through its members and executive, will continue to enjoy the camaraderie of boating. It is my desire to heighten the profile of our yacht club with enhanced publicity for our sail past, as well as attending and encouraging sister clubs to use our reciprocal agreement to visit Port Dover. The club has planned a number of events over the course of the season and I encourage everyone to join in, get involved, to renew friendships, getting to know new members, and assisting the event coordinators. At this time I would like to wish everyone a safe, enjoyable, memory filled summer of boating!
See you at the winter event in February
Jodi Shorrock
Commodore
Dock 3 Slip 59

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quite right! It seems to me it is very good idea. Completely with you I will agree.

Anonymous said...

Have quickly answered :)